Hi, my name is Bartłomiej Wroński, but it will be easier for us if you call me just Bart. 🙂
I’m a Staff Software Engineer working at Google Research on image processing, computational photography, and some machine learning. I started my career as a graphics/rendering/systems/low-level technology programmer and before joining Google I worked professionally in the AAA console video games industry for almost 8 years.
One theme that recurs throughout my career is that I see myself as an applied researcher – I love finding real, practical (and important to the business side) problems and challenges that were not solved before, getting a better understanding of them and state of the art, and creating novel, unique solutions from research and prototyping to optimizations.
My previous jobs include being a Technical Architect at Sony Interactive Entertainment Santa Monica Studio, Senior Graphics Programmer at Ubisoft Montreal, and a whole path from Junior to Lead Programmer on The Witcher game series by CD Projekt RED.
The games I worked on (or helped with) so far include (in bold shipped / credited ones):
- The Witcher 2: Assassin’s of Kings PC
- The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition PC/X360
- The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt (additional programming)
- Cyberpunk 2077
- Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag
- Assassin’s Creed: Unity (additional programming)
- Far Cry 4
- God of War
- Here They Lie (additional help / publisher consulting)
You can track my existing professional experience at my linkedin profile page.
This blog is supposed to gather some of my ideas and thoughts grouped by two categories:
- Computer graphics, programming, computer science, DSP and other topics related to my work.
- Everything more or less random connected to my personal interests and hobbies: visual arts – digital and film photography and cinematography, travel and electronic music.
All views and opinions expressed here are my own, not of my current or previous employers.